Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nutty

    It annoys me mildly whenever something is said to taste nutty. It comes up a lot in gluten-free world when someone is describing the flavor of an unfamiliar grain. It's just unhelpful. There is a hellacious variety of nuts in the world, and all of them taste different. To me, teff porridge suggests pecans somehow, so I throw in pecans. Amaranth somewhat evokes pistachios. I threw some in, but as they were years old, this wasn't the most brilliant move in history. Need to go out and get me some fresh(er) pistachios. I just don't think "nutty" is a helpful word since nuts don't have one flavor. Perhaps I need to learn how to generalize.
    Last night I dreamed that Dad was trying to get around in an M.C. Escher house without his walker. I brought it and that somehow helped him negotiate all the stairs better. A little stressed out about the situation still, me. But at least it wasn't an MC Hammer house!

No comments:

Post a Comment