Monday, March 12, 2012

I can't NOT read

    So I took Dad's old car and drove over to the mechanics to see what needed to be done to the Camry. They open at 8, but not surprisingly on the first day of Daylight Savings, they didn't open on time. So I tried the Camry just for the hell of it. And it ran no problem. Whatever the problem was with the idle, it had reset itself over the weekend. Yay!
    The mechanics still hadn't arrived, so I drove home to make breakfast. I took a couple of laps around the block first to be on the safe side, a move that I would come to regret. Because just as I got to the railroad crossing at Rosewood Drive and Assembly St., a very long freight train reached it just ahead of me. If I'd gone straight home, I would have beaten it easily. Ah well.
    I just can't not read. As the train went by, I was reading the assorted inscriptions and instructions on it and getting dizzy. I had to take my glasses off to stop myself. Back when I ate cereal out of boxes, I could never keep from reading the back of the cereal box. But at least it didn't make me dizzy.
    The owner of the garage did look over the car with me eventually, and agreed that there wasn't anything that they could do for it at the moment (except refill the antifreeze, which he did, for free). I mean, it's still an 18-year-old car; there's plenty of preventive maintenance that needs to be done, eventually. But as of now, I'm good to go. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment