Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Gave a nice lady a heart attack, but I meant well

    I was walking this afternoon on the Cayce Riverwalk when I saw a large snake right next to the walkway. It was a garter snake or something similarly harmless, I'm sure; anyway, I'm pro-snake, so it didn't even cause me to change my stride. But a lady was coming from the other direction on the same side of the walkway, texting while walking. So I said, "If you don't like snakes, you probably want to walk on the other side." She just about had a heart attack. I felt bad about it and said so. Still, I think she might have had a real one if she'd taken another 20 steps walking while texting and stepped right on a snake. Next time, I'll at least remember to open with "Pardon me."
    Dad is having his first dialysis session at the new facility. This time, he signed all the paperwork. It was extensive but not intrusive. As of the time the nurse came to get him, he was pretty impressed with the place. Hopefully, that continued through the session. It turns out that 49% of the facility is owned by his nephrologist's practice. Don't know if it's a good sign or not, but it does explain why the receptionist there was shocked that he was both a patient of theirs AND doing dialysis at ARA.

No comments:

Post a Comment