Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Walked through waistdeep snow uphill both ways

    I already know what my generation will say to our young relations when we're crotchety old grandparents. (Or crotchety older-still grandparents.) "When I was young, we had to listen to music on big black long-player albums. You had to get up and go across the room to change the song. And you had to tote all those albums around wherever you went!" I was just remembering a time when I moved back from Philadelphia to Columbia via Amtrak with three or four big boxes of LPs. It was all kinds of no fun schlepping those boxes around, and even less so on retrospect realizing that today I could have put all those records on an iPod Nano. And I probably wouldn't have half-filled it.
    Also, you kids get off my lawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment