Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Force of habit

    I use the front left burner on the stove much oftener than any other. When I need to use the back burner, force of habit nearly always makes me turn on the front one instead. Sometimes, this leads me to burn up my non-stick saucepan a bit. The other day, I turned on the wrong burner three or four times while trying to make beef stew. (The three or four times were due to having to leave the house several times.) Fortunately, I didn't have anything on the front burner any of those times, but I wasted a bit of electricity and a lot of cooking time.
    Fortunately, Paul suggested going out for pho, which we did. So I didn't need the beef stew, which was just as well since it wasn't ready until 9 or so. Don't know how to shake off force of habit. Just got to pay more attention, I guess. Brain transplants don't appear to be feasible yet, darn the luck.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was going to be a post about rough sex with a nun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm much too repressed for anything like that. Also I haven't seen any nuns in some decades.

      Delete