Monday, March 26, 2012

She KNOWS

    At this late date, I don't remember all that much from college. One thing I remember clearly was a party in the dorm at Penn. "Space Oddity" by David Bowie was playing. People were chatting and having a good time. Nobody much was singing along until one sequence: "'Tell my wife I love her very much'/ 'She knows.'" And everybody in the room was singing along.
    I don't really know what Bowie meant by those lines, if it's a commentary on the creepy omniscience of Ground Control or something else entirely. I always thought it was just a sweet thought. I have a feeling that everyone else in the room felt the same way.

Edit: It only took a year and half for me to notice I typed "life" instead of "wife"; continuing proof of my geniushood!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment