Saturday, December 7, 2013

Forgive nonfunctioning brain

    While I wait for my brain to check in again, here's something conspicuously stupid that I've been pondering for a long time: monograms. Every time I see one, which is nearly always on the back of a vehicle since I'm not much going door to door looking at people's towels, I read it straight across. Of course, it's supposed to be left letter, right letter, middle letter. I don't think I've suddenly gotten stupid; I think they're doing them wrong. I think the outside letters are supposed to be slanted towards the outside, with the idea of subtly suggesting that no, you aren't supposed to read this straight across. Instead, all three letters tend to be at the same slant. Yes, I know it's of no importance. For once, I'm not even mad or up in arms about it. I just couldn't figure out why suddenly I can't read monograms, and then maybe I did.
    Dad is still a bit weak after his procedure, and uncomfortable, but he was glad to be home. Dialysis thought he was still in the hospital and weren't expecting us, but when we turned up they made room for us pretty quick; we barely had to wait any extra time at all. If I had banged on the door to say, "Y'all knew we were coming, right?" we probably wouldn't have needed to wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment