Monday, December 9, 2013

Still grumpy

    BUT! My wonderful sister (also a doctor who has worked with old people a lot) talked to Dad and explained to him that the pacemaker only works when and if he needs it. She got him calmed down so now he's gotten over the idea that he has to go to the cardiologist this morning and have it checked again. So yay!
    In general, I'd like to apologize to whoever might still be reading this. At the dialysis facility, I get to listening to people carp and complain and bitch and moan and cavil (See? At least you get to see the word "cavil") and certainly understand how tiresome it is to hear or read this all the time. On the other hand, I have very little outlet and unleashing my spleen on the people causing my problems (when that isn't me, of course) would help little. So while I'm very sorry, just as the news is a neverending compendium of If it bleeds it leads, a blog tends to be a neverending spew of bitching and moaning. I'll try to do better.
    Tomorrow. This weekend was again frustrating. At least they were simple First World type problems. The washers in this house (subdivided into two apartments, so there are two) wouldn't drain without making the toilet blop and blurp. We had an earlier run of blopping, blurping toilets and at that time it tended to go on all night. This time, it stopped when the guy in the other half of the house finished doing his laundry, so that was a blessing. Still, we couldn't exactly do any further laundry. Nothing important in the long run, but a bit annoying. Happily, the plumber arrived before lunch and cleared the lines. Hell, now I feel like laundering something.
    Meanwhile, the heat pump wasn't running this morning, meaning that I was relying on much more expensive auxiliary electric heating. Of course this happens every time it's cold, and every time I look it up on the Internet. The Internet says that heat pumps are less efficient when it's below freezing. In this instance, though, it didn't get particularly near to freezing. So I panicked a bit. However, the heat pump came back even before the plumber got here. It appears that the Internet may have been wrong about something. Imagine! So First World problems were all solved. Yay!
    Oh, except for AVG Free antivirus. This morning, it told me that a file was missing so my protection was incomplete! Oh no! I clicked on the message hoping that there would be some suggestion as to how to fix it, but no! So I restarted the computer and the message went away. Knock on wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment