Sunday, December 8, 2013

Forgive nonfunctioning computer

    AVG free antivirus is updating very, very, very slowly. It's more than a little distracting.
    OK, that's done! What was really distracting was that it appeared to hang at 39% Complete. When it was finally done (about a second after I closed the Notepad window where I compose these turkeys, so maybe that was the problem), it gave me the opportunity to change my search engine to its own, so maybe THAT was the problem. I declined.
    In general, AVG Free doesn't seem to play well with either Firefox or Thunderbird. Over the years, I've bounced back and forth between AVG and Avast. They seem to take turns annoying me. It may be time to bounce back to Avast, which has the advantages of a silly name and sometimes having an interface that looks like the Yellow Submarine. (Hey, you have to have intelligent criteria!)
    Meanwhile, Dad still seems a bit off his game from the hospital stay. This morning he called to say that he thought the pacemaker wasn't working since he couldn't feel his pulse. It seems more likely that the sensation in his fingers is lessened because it's cold, but what can you do? So we have an appointment to go see the cardiologist in the morning to have it checked. And a previously scheduled appointment in the afternoon to see the eye doctor. Thus, I spent the morning at Congaree National Park in spite of somewhat inclement weather to get my brain and spirit somewhat re-energized. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment