Friday, December 13, 2013

Sleep transit

    I dreamed last night that I was helping out a musician I know (just virtually, via Facebook in waking life) with some music videos. He would call me every morning at 6 and I would turn up in New Jersey for the shoot. Now this either bespeaks a much much quicker rapid transit system in this country than I had noticed previously or teleportation abilities that I have hitherto kept hidden. Seemingly, I was back home again by evening, or even by the afternoon. If only I could do this stuff when I'm awake!
    What delighted me, though, was that my wish was granted, even if imperfectly. Because it was another case of my brain waking me up to tell me that I needed to go to the bathroom. And although I would have preferred a more straightforward prompting, I much preferred this to my brain's previous preferred method, that is via nightmare. Maybe I'm teaching my sleeping brain how to behave, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment