Friday, November 7, 2014

High tea

    Or I May Never Eat Again. Since my lunches started being nearly always vegan, I've been making it a habit to have something around 3 or 4 so I don't feel too hungry. Nothing gigantic as a rule; usually chips and hummus. Today, however, I had another factor: a recipe. A recipe that called for ripe bananas. And the bananas, finally, were ripe.
    So off I went! The recipe was for peanut butter chocolate chip mini-muffins, gluten free of course. My friend Michelle found it and shared it on Facebook. And heck, I had all the ingredients except for the ripe bananas! (And the vanilla, as it turns out, but I'll save that sad story for another day. I will gladly post the recipe if anyone is interested, but mine didn't turn out so great. The chocolate chips, even though I didn't have the full cup's worth either, overwhelmed everything else. This makes them hard to stop eating, but I could have just eaten the chocolate chips and saved a lot of time and cleanup. I can taste the banana and there's a hint of peanut butter, but so far they're a bit of a disappointment. Maybe with half the chocolate chips, or all of the vanilla, or even riper bananas. Ah well; I got over the muffin idea quickly and made a loaf with most of it, so at least it was a quicker disappointment than it might have been.
    But my go-to tea-time treat since Aldi came out with their excellent gluten-free bread is egg-salad sandwiches. It's like 2006 again! Michelle had a brilliant suggestion when I mentioned getting McCormick's garam masala, which was that it's yummy in chicken salad. Well it's yummy in egg salad, too! The quest to curry everything continues! But first, I have  to eat some more of these terrible muffins. Supper is unlikely to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment