Monday, November 3, 2014

I want out! Oh.

    Amelia the cat has spent about 9 years indoors and more or less happy. Last night and again this morning, she decided finally that she was jealous of Harry's right to go out whenever he demanded, so she went out, too. On the night of the first freeze of the year. Not surprisingly, Miss Norwegian Forest Cat decided with great alacrity that indoors isn't so bad. Twice. I don't know if this will be repeated; given our climate, it's almost certainly going to be warmer again, so she can go out if she wants. I'll just get another jingle bell breakaway collar.
    Harry, on the other hand, spent ages outside, particularly this morning when it was definitely below freezing. He's the shorthair, so he ought to have more trouble with the cold than Amelia. On the other hand, he has a very high metabolism, or where does all this food go? I prefer that idea strongly over kitty bulimia. (Also, he sleeps on my legs and gives off a lot of heat.) I still think when it gets colder he'll adapt to being an all-indoor kitty. I still wish I knew for sure that he knows how to use the litter box. All will be revealed in time, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment