Saturday, November 15, 2014

That's no reason to take my blanket!

    Dad continues... not that great. His conversation was pretty limited today. At some point, I noticed that he didn't have his blanket so I asked him if he wanted it and he said he guessed so. Later, Margaret asked if he was warm and he said yes. So I asked if he was warm or cold and he said yes. So I took the blanket back, thinking he was warm. He said, "Why did he take my blanket?" And I said because he had said he was warm and he said, "That's no reason to take my blanket!" And of course he's right; I should have asked if he were uncomfortably warm. I certainly offered to give it back again but he declined. (It was very warm in the room, by the way.)
    It still appears that he's pretty on the ball in the morning but pretty feeble by the time we see him in the later afternoon. So it's hard to draw any definitive conclusions about how he's doing. I'm going to give the number of the facility doctor to my sister (also a doctor); maybe we can find out what she's thinking.
    Dream last night involved shows and shoes. I had free tickets to a big reunion show and was quite excited. I think the only name my brain could come up with was Duran Duran, but since I never cared for Duran Duran I think my brain just made it into big reunion show, unspecified. The venue was right across from my house, so I ran over. I'd forgotten to wear shoes, so at first I kept stretching my pants legs down over my feet. Then I realized I was carrying these clear plastic shoes, glass slippers more or less, so I put those on. But somehow I got relocated to a version of my parents' house with a version of my mother present. Then a bunch of people I know in real life but mainly interact with on Facebook lately came by to give me a ride to the show. But I decided to walk. This time the shoes I was carrying were weird hard plastic clogs, which I was reluctant to put on, but did. The things we'll do to see Duran Duran, or somebody like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment