Saturday, November 1, 2014

Snow? Seriously?

    Yeah yeah, where you live it probably isn't weird to have snow on November 1st. Here it's a record for earliest ever. The accumulations happened maybe 20 miles west of here, so "here" is here construed loosely. But the official weather station is at the metro airport and they got snow, so I think it counts.
    Here where I am no snow was to be seen except for a second on the windshield. Where they got it though, it even accumulated, up to 3 inches. Kind of weird to have that much so near and none here. Might be a heat island effect; might be that government weather control apparatus Art Bell used to talk about all the time.
    Anyway, it's nice it happened on a Saturday and doesn't seem to be affecting roads at all. There's a football game this evening which is likely to be pretty sloppy, but I like to think everybody will be safe. Because of football, I can't take Margaret to see Dad (or at least I can't and then ever get home) but William's car is newer and he's a good driver. I have high confidence that they will have a good visit. Only drawback: kids don't get a snow day! And I already have my gluten-free bread and almond milk, so I can't join the panic buying. Pretty minor drawbacks, I'm thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment