Sunday, November 16, 2014

Juggling act

    This will be brief. For no reason that I know of (the kitties were even behaving!) I woke up at 4 in the morning, and then barely got back to sleep. I was functional as long as the sun was up (or illuminated cloudage anyway) but have been fading badly since getting back from Dadland. So here's a couple of very brief anecdotes before I go fall down.
    Aldi has a lot of gluten-free products these days. That isn't to say that they always will, but it's a little golden age. One is a mix for corn bread. I totally forgot that I usually don't eat GMO corn when I bought it, but what the hey. My idea was to buy this and a can of sliced peaches and see if it magically became peach cobbler.
    It sort of did. Anyway it wasn't terrible or even bad, but neither was it terrifically good. Needs vanilla pudding, I kept thinking. So when I tried to remove it from the fridge to cut off a piece and instead dropped most of it on the floor, it wasn't particularly tragic except for the doubts this engendered about my future as a professional peach cobbler juggler. And I was going to make a mint!
    Other anecdote even shorter. Especially without subjects and verbs. Dad was pretty sleepy again this afternoon and in fact woke up surprised that we were there even though we'd said big hellos when we got there. But when we were leaving, Margaret said that she would see him Wednesday and he corrected her! Hey, I know I'm grasping at straws. I remember saying similar things 3 1/2 years ago: it's always good to see that he's still in there! That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment