Sunday, November 2, 2014

Oh, a mixed bag

    Yesterday, Margaret called before going out to visit Dad and said that she'd been talking to him on the phone and that he was back to himself, talking clearly and making sense and also apparently up and ordering people around. So hopefully she and William found this to be the case during their visit. Unfortunately, it wasn't so much on our visit today. He was wrapped up in bed and very cold and was very hard to hear. Mostly back in sleepy guy mode.
    I had bought the iPad because my sister Anne had wanted to video call via FaceTime some Sunday. We did and it was pretty neat. But midway, I noticed that Dad didn't have his oxygen in his nose. The machine was still on, so presumably nobody had discontinued it. A member of staff was in the room to bring him ice so I asked her about it. She hooked him up; I wish I could say that he perked up immediately, but he didn't. Still, if he needed oxygen and wasn't getting it, that would explain why he was cold and his energy was low. We also video called via Google Hangouts on my phone, which was also fun. It was a big day for technology.
    Brother Malcolm is heading down roughly tomorrow. It will be good to see him. Hopefully, he'll be able to see some improvement during his visit. Knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment