Tuesday, November 4, 2014

That famous river in Africa

    Look, I know I'm in denial; I've got no problem with it. Dad is probably not dying, but things are not likely to be the same again. However, I've been carrying around his shopping bag with a blanket and pillow that we took with him to dialysis three times a week for three and a half years. Well, not carrying, but it rides in the car with me. Now Margaret wants to do Dad's laundry all the time. Something about making sure there's fabric softener in there. Today, she didn't bring a bag and couldn't find one. So I went out to the car and found the shopping bag no problem. Quickly, it was an empty shopping bag. I may be in denial, but I'm not crazy. Much.
    Brother Malcolm is down to visit and we had a fun visit within a visit walking the grounds out there. We are endeavoring to get him weather that is at least as warm as Boston's. It's been kookoo lately, though.
    Also kookoo was the banana the Home served Dad with supper. I am an admirer of green bananas, but even I wouldn't have tried to eat this one. Not that it was all green, but it definitely is too green. No sweat for Dad; he didn't want it anyway. I brought it home to ripen. And generally he is pleased with the food service out there. And that's all that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment