Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Slave to habit

    I've noted before what a slave I am to force of habit. Still am. My front door no longer closes too well. In short, you don't need to use the doorknob to open it; you can just shove your way in, even if it's locked. No problem; I can just turn the deadbolt. However, six years of habit do not shake loose easily. I cannot get myself to remember not to bother to lock the bottom lock nor to lock the deadbolt. Ever. Not once. I'm sure I'll get used to it, or it will get warm again and the door will expand. No bets on which happens first.
    Surprisingly, Dad has dialysis today. Normally on holidays at the other facility, he and everyone else would get all their days rearranged to give staff a day off. I guess ambulance cases get priority because of the number of personnel involved. I wouldn't have guessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment