Friday, November 21, 2014

Yes he really did

    In the ultimate reversal of parent-child roles, Dad really did call me last night for a drink of water. Now I'll say again that I freely admit that I may be in denial about his condition. But still, he had had a long day. What wound up happening yesterday with regard to his gall bladder drain tube (which had fallen out) was that the hospital decided that he was asymptomatic and just left it out. What with transportation and waiting for same, this wound up taking nine or ten hours. So I guess he had a right to be a little tired and confused.
    Not that confused; he just couldn't find his call button. Anyway, he asked me to call the nurses's station and ask them for a cup of water and I did. They assured me that they would deliver, and also put his call button within reach. We were well pleased that his hospital trip turned out unexciting and are hoping that he continues to be asymptomatic and can do without the yucky gall bladder drain tube and bag. And that he got his drink of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment