Wednesday, March 11, 2015

AnybodyButYouTube

    My friends who are aspiring musicians are mad at YouTube because they say that independent artists can no longer post videos, but I haven't seen any evidence of this; independent cats seem to do just fine. But in honor of my angry friends, I coined the subject line above (or title I guess they call these), which tickles me to no end.
    The change in YouTube that I have noticed is one that thrills me perhaps even more endlessly (if that's possible). Every song that has ever been recorded, or anyway the ones that are still in print, has a video auto-generated by YouTube. Nothing fancy, or in other words, not an actual video; just a still of the record cover and of course ordering information. I can certainly live with the latter. I posted here long ago how annoyed I was that Sony wouldn't let Bob Dylan videos put up by fans stay up for more than minutes. I was thrilled finally to see, well, hear a video for the studio version of "Shelter From The Storm" after all these years. So color me thrilled with AnybodyButYouTube so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment