Thursday, March 12, 2015

Stamp 2000!

    I got my last two bank medallions today (I hope!) and will soon be able to forget again what a bank medallion is. One of the receiving companies insisted that it be a Stamp 2000 bank medallion. The lady from the bank wasn't sure if it was or wasn't, but later looked carefully and found that it was. My own sense was that the company can jerk me around but they can't exactly jerk my bank around, so either all banks use Stamp 2000 or they could just lump it. I just thought it was a funny name; it sounds so... formerly futuristic.
    I've been a very good boy this week and my things to do list has shrunk markedly. It's amazing what not being sick does for one. I fully admit that I've been in shock and in mourning all year, but mainly I've been coughing my head off, not really good for concentrated thought. If I can just avoid further lung infections for a few more days, progress should be noticeable, even dramatic. (Knock on wood!)
    Anyway, my checklist now has more checks that blank lines, which is something. This new John who actually perseveres sort of worries me. Did somebody kidnap me and replace me with a reasonable, but non-lazy facsimile? One truly wonders!

Edit: There's a Stamp 2000 display at Office Depot! Now all I gotta do is go out and open a bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment