Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Walk faster

    And then you get a message from a Cayce cop delivered by another Cayce cop to "walk faster." I was walking on the Cayce Riverwalk, the new section with the name I can never remember, when I stopped to let a young Cayce policeman on an ATV pass. Instead he gestured to me, so I pulled out the earbuds and he said he had a message from the policeman who used to patrol there. It was, "Walk faster." He was perfectly affable, and I'm comfortable that it was a joke, but I totally don't get the setup. I've been walking there for a year and it's been patrolled for some of that time, but obviously I was also on an emotional roller coaster for most of that time and a lot of the time is a blank. Still, even without knowing why, I thought it was funny and thanked the young man. In case you're wondering what makes me recognizable to strangers, I'm one of the few people out there always wearing a hat.
    Also on the new Riverwalk sections, SCE&G has put numbers on each light pole. Some of them are in order, some of them are in order but skip a few and some of them are wildly out of order. It is a measure both of my autisticity and my recovery from it that I am both made crazy about the out of order ones and boundlessly amused that they make me crazy. I'm going out there and sticking on Post-its with better numbers later. Much, much later.
    Meanwhile, in the stuff I can't talk much about-- oh wait, I can't talk about that either. This blog would be so much more interesting if I could just be absolutely certain that nobody would read it! I guess I'll have to go buy a locking diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment