Thursday, March 5, 2015

Novel weather complaint

    No doubt you grownups have experienced this often, but it never even occurred to me that Federal Express could be held up by a winter storm. I am tickled that my package is in Memphis and the estimated delivery time still says forty minutes from now. I'll be so impressed! I think though that it's another case of failure to communicate; it should say something like "Estimated delivery time as of time of sending." Elsewhere there's something that seems to be saying that the revised time is two or three hours from now, although that isn't clearly phrased either. I'm not holding my breath.
    Here, the actual weather was fairly alarming for a few minutes, and we get another delightful cold snap. The delightful part is that it's actually a snap; just one day or less. And maybe then the Arctic is done with us.
    In general, I'm having bad delivery luck. Apparently, the postal service has forgotten about me, too. I put the flag up and two items for pick up in the mailbox yesterday morning, hours before our mail has ever arrived, and the flag is still up, and the items are still there. I saw a mail truck in the neighborhood this morning making deliveries, but he never got here. It's getting to time to figuring out to whom do I complain. Calling the postal service was no fun back before they started firing everybody; I can't imagine it now. Hope the mailman comes eventually and makes it unnecessary.
    Meanwhile, the guy who planted the trees on my Dad's farm property (formerly my grandfather's) called this morning to say that it was time to cull and wanted to pay me for it. Everybody wants to give me money these days! Too bad I don't get to keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment