Monday, April 11, 2011

Accidentally like a Zen Buddhist

    Sometime last fall, I caught myself making lemonade when life handed me lemons, behavior I had NOT previously associated with myself, and I wondered aloud who had kidnapped me and replaced me with a nice person. Now the same international gang of pranksters appears to have kidnapped me again and replaced me with a Zen Buddhist. Now when life hands me lemons, I'm more thinking "Lemons are OK; I can live with lemons." I'm rolling with punches, I can accept the worst life has in store, but am still hopeful and enthusiastic for the best. Where have all my neuroses gone?
    Of course, it's possible that my brain just fell out. Yesterday, I made turkey chili, but forgot to soak the beans. And to buy the ground turkey. And the diced tomatoes. Had to make two grocery runs mid-chili-making. It was some consolation that the chili turned out terrific, even with canned pinto beans. But if it hadn't, I probably would have been philosophical about it. And this is hard to do when your brain's fallen out.

No comments:

Post a Comment