Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fear of outdoors

    Back when I stayed inside nearly all the time, my dreams at night were radically indoors. As in, I was at a college that was all in one huge building, or at a mall with a huge garage right in the middle, and even in a city that was entirely enclosed. Since I've started hiking again (or anyway taking long walks), these have receded a good bit. But last night I had one of those, the combo model: indoor college AND mall. And I was trying to get back to where I lived, which was on a different level of the indoor college/mall. And all stairs, escalators, elevators were blocked, so I had to go outside.
    And the ground was poisoned. There were warning signs everywhere, and security guards were warning people (well, me) not to go out there. I told them that I had been out yesterday and hadn't had any problem, then I saw the warning signs (which presumably hadn't been there the previous day). I shuffled back to the building; I don't know if I ever found my way home. I'm not really sure what this is all about. I love the heck out of the outdoors just as much as ever, and take advantage of the spring weather here every day. I assume this is how my subconscious is processing Fukushima. Or maybe it's telling me, "Get outdoors MORE!" I think I can do that.

3 comments:

  1. You need to find a woman who loves dream analysis. Or maybe just you need analysis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe I need to find a woman, period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the correct lyric from "Troglodyte" is: "Gotta find a woman! Gotta find a woman!" I sing it all the time myself.

    ReplyDelete