Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jack Spratt

    As time goes by, I get green around the gills ever more frequently when I've eaten even remotely greasy food. This seems odd to me, as I used to live on fast food. I mean, at least one fast food meal a day, every day, and often two and sometimes three. Don't know if my system just can't handle it any more or if gluten-free living has changed my digestive system. The latter would be a good thing, as I used to have my food race through me almost instantly. Maybe digesting food more slowly means more chance to absorb the fats, and maybe my body is just objecting to more getting through.
    Mom never did very well with greasy foods, and I take after her in a lot of ways. Since I had to get the celiac sprue from somebody, and since she's the one with Irish heritage, it's always possible that she had it, too. That Charleston rice-based cuisine could be a lifesaver. I'm sure glad I grew up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment