Saturday, April 2, 2011

Amelia the cat reveals her true self

    "Look, I know I'm cute and fluffy and everything, but I am in fact the reincarnation of Albert Einstein, and when I bat the little foam-rubber soccer balls around, I am trying to convey to you my perfected Unified Field Theory, you simp. Christ on a bike, this is worse than the Patent Office. I'm gonna go lick myself."
    Really, I go back and forth whether she is the reincarnation of Gandhi, or of my mom. If Project Pet was correct about her age, the latter is just about possible. And it would explain why she always has to keep an eye on me.
    (Really really, I don't believe in reincarnation, but it's a good story.)
    Meanwhile, in non-Monkey-related news, the mockingbird who has been making sleep difficult hereabouts seems to have gotten a new alarm clock. I may be able to sleep without a radio on. Yaaay!

2 comments:

  1. She's either Carl Sagan or the Buddha, I say. (Thank you Robin Williams.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She can't be Buddha. You step off the Wheel of Life when you make it to Nirvana, as I understand it. She might easily be a Bodhisattva, though. (Complete with guitar solo.)

    ReplyDelete