Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Ludlum Palimpsest

    Palimpsest is one of those words that always gets stuck in my head. I had to go look it up. Basically it means a scroll that has been erased so it can be reused. Not really a term that you get to use in everyday speech, darn it.
    When Robert Ludlum was alive, I always wanted to write a parody called "The Ludlum Novel." I doubt that I am the only person who was tickled by his tendency to title his every book (almost) in the "The Noun Modified By Another Noun" format. But now I have a warm feeling about "The Ludlum Palimpsest." Maybe he set up a team of robots to write his novels from a template. The same scroll used over and over. Perhaps there could be secret agents trying to stop them. Or maybe Matt Damon.

No comments:

Post a Comment