Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fruit flies

    Fruitflies are kinda cute. Flies that like fruit, not so much. If anyone out there REALLY loved the original "Amityville Horror" movie (well, maybe not original, but the one that wasn't the remake nor the sequels), especially the flies in the window scene, all you have to do to replicate it is take a pear and put it in the window to ripen. But remember to scrape some of the peel off accidentally first.
    Oh. my. gosh. I'm not sure I've ever seen that many flies. And all of them were gigantic. Maybe they were all pregnant and wanted to lay eggs in my pear. Too bad about that. None of them left here alive. Mind you, I'd love to have let them out unharmed, but flies just aren't that smart. Or maybe I'm not. Very bad day for my Jainist street cred. The pear is ripening quietly in the refrigerator now. At least no disembodied voice told me to "GET OUT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment