Friday, February 17, 2012

Have a feeling 91 is gonna be a good year

    Today is my father's 91st birthday. As I mentioned yesterday, we had his party last night since dialysis and birthday parties don't mix. It went well, eventually. Unfortunately, the Outback bloomin' onion disagreed with him strongly. It might have been an insufficiently sweet onion, or it might have been undercooked. Either way, he was very, very uncomfortable for much of the visit. However, when his pork chop arrived he brightened up, and felt much better for the balance of the evening.
    We didn't think he would feel up to going to Margaret's for cake, but he surprised us. (As the cakes were in the trunk of my car, it wouldn't have been any problem to go back to Rice Estate instead.) Unfortunately, Malcolm and Anne were in a minor fender-bender on the way from Outback to Margaret's, so there was a long delay. But no one was hurt and there was very little damage (and that to the other car), so all was well that ended well. Dad had a piece from both cakes and liked both, I'm told. (I know I'm an awful person, but I bailed, as a) I can't eat cake; b) I had to feed the cat and c) I had to vacuum. But I did sing him a chorus of "Happy Birthday To You" first.) So a good time, a good celebration, and yay for 91!

2 comments:

  1. The cake was great, the party was fine, the investigating officer was a hottie, and just think of the fender bender as a great financial opportunity for the people Anne backed into. They certainly had dollar signs in their eyes. Win win for everybody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working on a gender bender fender bender joke, but can't come up with anything funny.

    ReplyDelete