Tuesday, February 28, 2012

On a horse with no name

    Yesterday, the HVAC guy came around and confirmed that my heat pump wasn't working. Last evening the landlord came around to let me know that he had delivered the check so that the dead heat pump could be replaced. And today the gentlemen are here to replace it. This of course means that I can't leave, but I'm taking advantage of imprisonment to make a pizza-free pizza at lunch time, which I don't usually get to do.
    It was one of my rare smart moves. I thought that the heat pump just needed a recharge. Normally, that would be done as part of the springtime/fall maintenance. The HVAC company doesn't normally start that until March 15. The landlady asked if I would be willing to wait and I said not. As it turned out, this was the right thing to say. The old heat pump is at least 7 years old; hopefully the new one will do at least as well.
    (As to the subject line: The heat wasn't hot.:))

2 comments:

  1. A band so big they named a country after it!! Pizza...yum...more Steam Punk inventions!!! Btw, I am a robot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find out until about a year ago that they were teenaged US military brats stationed in England. Also that the trippy lyrics to "Ventura Highway" were due to the fact that they had never been to California and were thus just winging it.

    ReplyDelete