Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Magnetic key locker

    Last night, I strolled right out the door without my keys. Unfortunately, I strolled slowly enough to lock the door on my way out. No problem, I thought, I have a magnetic key locker hidden on the premises. I went to extricate it, and... Let me tell you, those things aren't as easy to open as they were back in the day when they were smaller and made of metal. I couldn't make any headway at all. I was picturing myself locked out forever. Then I remembered that there was a smart phone in my pocket and I started feeling better. Eventually I got it open and got back in to get my keys. Even though it wasn't a signal success, I guess I'll still keep using it. Under the doormat, the only other workable hiding place, seems a little too obvious.
    Brain continues functioning sub-optimally (obviously). When I'm awake, I can barely think. When I'm asleep, whoa. Last night, the more regular kind of nightmare came back. This time, I was at my dad's house, and he was in the yard with a roto-tiller. Since I don't know what a roto-tiller does or look like, my brain contented itself with giving me just a view of his legs and telling me that it was him and a roto-tiller. Then a lawn mower with no handle rolled by. Gosh, I wonder whom I might be stressing about? Other dreams were also only remembered in snatches, but were more pleasant. I woke up on a beach at dawn, peeved that there were other people there, even in the distance. And I was at the opera, where hiphop was being performed. I was mad about the artists who had been selected. In general, I was mad last night. All the key locker's fault, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment