Friday, February 10, 2012

I think I liked the nightmares better

    Last night I woke about 3 and never really got back to sleep. Dad is being moved to Assisted Living next Tuesday, and I feel strongly that it's going to be a fiasco. I also will be driving him to and from dialysis three times a week. He's completely wiped out after dialysis. Heretofore, he's been riding an ambulance each way, which I always hated, but now appreciate. The probability is that he's going to have to walk a long distance to get back to his room in Assisted Living, which he isn't going to be up to. He also has to go to meals in a dining area, which he won't be up to, either. And the only thing that gets his blood pressure back up after dialysis is eating.
    All of this is a recipe for disaster. None of this is any preparation or simulation for living with Margaret. I think I've made another mistake, this one of titanic proportions. I have to figure out how to fix it between now and Tuesday. Or at least buy a wheelchair.

No comments:

Post a Comment