Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Worth a try

    Gail the social worker and I talked with Dad and Margaret yesterday about the whole situation. I made as clear as possible that I didn't think two mobility-impaired visually-impaired 91-year-olds living together was a good idea, and argued passionately that they were taking a huge risk with their lives and that we love them and want them to live as long as possible as well as possible, and that this step is much more likely to shorten their lives. I wouldn't say it went in one ear and out the other, but they're (or anyway he's) still intent on going on. So the paperwork to get him out of Rice Home is under way.
    Not a wasted effort in any case. I think when you know that there are people who care whether you live or die, you're an extra bit more careful with yourself. Anyway, he now most certainly knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment