Saturday, February 25, 2012

Story 'bout a hurricane

    Uh, yeah. Taking somebody to dialysis as a squall line is going by is not on the short list of funnest things in life. I got a terrific parking place and thus was only outside for less than a minute and yet got as soaked as if I'd been in swimming. Dad no doubt was equally wet, though he looked pretty dapper. When it was time to pick him up again, we were boundlessly grateful that the storm had passed over and gone away to trouble someone else's evening.
    Meanwhile, here in Amityville, the fly infestation has not gone away with the exiling of all ripening fruit to the refrigerator. I don't know what's up. One suspects that there must be a dead animal in the vicinity, but I can't see nor smell it. Thinking of getting flying-insect spray and spraying the gaps of all the windows. That's how they got in in the past, though the insulation I stuffed in the cracks cut back on previous invasions. Or maybe I should just GET OUUUUUT!

2 comments:

  1. The Fly Who Loved Me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the Fly Who Loved Me didn't turn up until last night. I swear by whatever's holy that it crawled into bed with me. Not usually a fatal move, but it was in this case.

    ReplyDelete