Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Didn't expect to miss the goats

    The goats next door have been gone for at least four days now. They were very cute but very needy, or at least very, very vocal. As such, you would think that I would be glad that they are gone, but it makes me sad. If I could somehow convince myself that they had gone away to frolic and gambol on a farm somewhere for the rest of their lives, it would be different but somehow I cannot convince myself of it. The fact that the guy living in the house on the property where they were living had told us at the outset that they wouldn't be there long seemed ominous at the time. I suspect that they wound up on somebody's Memorial Day cookout menu. I'm not all that much more likely to go vegetarian or anything, but I'm certainly a lot less likely to order cabrito any time soon. And I've got to say that it seems less and less like a good idea to eat anybody that can talk, even if you can't understand what they're saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment