Sunday, May 26, 2013

Navy green

    Hey, it's my birthday; I'm definitely entitled to mail one in. Yesterday, I was putting together a virtual jigsaw puzzle, or virtually putting together a jigsaw puzzle, or how ever you want to put it, and was having difficulty finding dark green pieces to fit with the one I already had. Except that my brain kept supplying me with the phrase "navy green" instead of, say, "forest green." And I'd correct myself and then the next time I looked for dark green my brain tossed up "navy green" again. And again and again. I was fairly tired; maybe that's all it was. But it seems improbable that at just almost 51 years of age, I would have come up with this for the first time. It seems equally unlikely or at least odd that I would have been calling dark green navy green all these years without anyone, least of all myself, noticing. To be honest, I like it a lot as a phrase and would happily use it publicly all the time except that I would most likely confuse people. Of course Army green would work, but my brain declines to identify with anything making that much sense.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I imagined something a little bolder, but I'll grant you it was improbable. Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete