Sunday, May 12, 2013

Tunnel vision

    So I was going to Charleston to lay flowers on my mom's grave. Options for flower buying around 9 on a Sunday morning being kind of limited, I set off for Publix as I needed small grocery particles here and there anyway. I zipped straight in and got the groceries I wanted and headed for the little floral area in the back. I was somewhat surprised and disappointed by the limited offerings on Mother's Day, but found a small potted plant with yellow flowers, the color I wanted (at least if I couldn't find any lilies, which I couldn't, or freesia, which I wouldn't expect to find at Publix).
    Going to pay, I noticed what I hadn't on the way in; there was a large display of very pretty flowers which I should have seen coming in. They were mostly hydrangea and mostly purple; I liked them a lot, but still wanted yellow, so I stuck with the rather Charlie Brown plant I had already selected. It was small but it was lovely; I think she would have liked it. It's just odd that my tunnel vision is so severe that I didn't notice an entire display of Mother's Day flowers, but then, how awake is anybody at 9 on a Sunday morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment