Saturday, May 4, 2013

Solving crimes

    I've mentioned that I have returned to listening to old-time radio as I sleep, and that this seems to lead to concentrated dreams. Or anyway, I tend to wake anywhere between 4 and 6 in the morning feeling as rested as if I had had eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. The weird thing, though, is that I seem to be solving crimes in most of the dreams. The show I listen to most is "Suspense" which indeed features a fair amount of crime solving. I guess I could revert to listening to Spike Jones and see if I start dreaming of blowing on ironmongery!
    More seriously, if anybody out there is still reading this who doesn't see my stuff on Facebook, Dad had some growths on his face biopsied the other week. One was benign, one was pre-cancerous, and two were cancer. So he's looking at some surgery pretty soon. He's expecting it to be minor, outpatient, and under local anesthesia. Hoping he's right on all counts. Good wishes from all quarters are certainly welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment