Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tipping

    Because of my highly restricted diet, I can hardly eat in restaurants. I'm also the host of the local Drinking Liberally chapter. Since the places that I can eat don't have very good bar offerings, I choose DL venues where I mostly can't eat anything. Instead I mainly just sit there and drink water, but tip $3 so the waitstaff won't resent me too much. Our current location does have one thing that I can eat (steak) but it's quite expensive at least by my standards. Last week I ordered it, happily paid my $20 and tipped. It was only later that I realized the I had tipped the same $3 that I usually tip on nothing. Next time, I'll try to remember to amp the tipping up more than a bit.
    Last night's meeting also coincided with the only cloud-free hours of the week. If I'd known that at the time, I would have sent everybody home to play outside. Clearly, I wouldn't function too well in San Francisco or Seattle. We did wind up standing around in the parking lot for an additional 15 minutes or so; it was crazy-mad lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment