Thursday, May 30, 2013

Your friend John is an idiot

    I noted recently a couple of near misses when I moved into an already occupied right-hand lane, failing to check my blind spot and thus nearly causing accidents. Yesterday at a red light, I studied my mirrors carefully and realized something that everybody else probably learned in their first few weeks of driving: you don't need to see your own head in your rear-view mirror. When I adjusted the (interior) mirror such that I could no longer see any part of my head, suddenly my blind spot shrank to... nothing, really. Face. Palm. Boy, am I an idiot! Then again, 35 years late is still better late than never, I guess, and I certainly anticipate being a much safer driver from here on. Feeling dumb for a while might teach me a little humility. Even more than 35 years late. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment