Sunday, May 19, 2013

Now they're tearin' down my Burger King!

    First they closed my childhood Kmart and now they're tearing down my neighborhood Burger King. My childhood neighborhood Burger King. My later-childhood neighborhood Burger King. (There was an A&W Root Beer at more or less this location during my early childhood.) Truth to tell, I was much more a Dairy Queen kind of boy, and didn't get into Burger King until my college years. And this Burger King has been out of business for at least a year or two. The outfit that owns the Burger King franchise in this area is mostly in the gas and convenience store business and this location, though right next to a gas/convenience store, is free-standing. It may be that they're going to expand the place next door and put in a Burger King, or it may be that they're just giving up on the neighborhood. Being gluten-free boy, I'm hardly likely to take up eating there again, so it's not like it affects me personally. I guess it's just a drag seeing something else from my childhood dry up and blow away. Unless of course they put in a new A&W Root Beer of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment