Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The terror that is... split peas!

    Some months ago Aldi had split peas for sale as one of their items available for a limited time only. Having heard that they are good for you, I figured "what the hey" and bought a bag. However, on the few occasions I have had split pea soup, I was less than enthralled. And I don't know what else one can do with split peas. So the bag sits and sits. Today I'm tired of kowtowing to splitpeaophobia, so I'm going to do something with the dang things. I think it'll be split pea chicken noodle vegetable soup. One expects that sauteed Vidalia onion and minced garlic will make an appearance since they always do. One good thing: very hard to die of split pea soup. (Only worry is an "Exorcist" scene.) So the worst case scenario is a few meals a little short of excellence; I can live with this.
    Apparently I achieved excellence yesterday, as my peach cobbler muffins were totally gobbled up by the Drinking Liberally crowd. I mean to the point that I never even got one! (I did get to eat the pancake I made from the leftover batter and some peach chunks; it was good.) I'll post the recipe once I actually get to taste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment