Thursday, July 25, 2013

And ANOTHER thing

    Of course if I had any sense or editorial smarts, I'd just append this to the earlier whining and moaning about drive-throughs. But if I had either of those attributes, there would only be about 20 posts on this blog, though they would be a LOT longer.
    Again, it's nothing earth-shaking, nothing I'm up in arms about. But for all these years, I thought that I couldn't reach the drive-up ATMs because they had been positioned for the convenience of people in SUVs. But nooooo! Yesterday, I was behind a guy in an SUV who had to get out to use the ATM. (You'd think being behind an SUV at an ATM would happen pretty frequently, but my bank isn't terribly large or popular.) So apparently instead of making up their mind whether to inconvenience customers in cars or customers in SUVs, my bank (at least, maybe all of them) just left the ATM at the walk-up height in order to inconvenience EVERYbody! Which is really dumb, but what's maybe dumber still is how much better I feel about not being slighted in favor of SUV drivers. Crazy, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I guess I forgot to draw an ATM designed to be convenient to use regardless of what kind of car you are driving in my rendition of the Johnocentric Universe. Feel free to pencil one in somewhere and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But wouldn't it be so awesome if they had a big lever on the side like a one-armed-bandit that would let you adjust the height? (Or, more sanely, a high keyboard/ card slot and a low one. But it's funnier my way.)

      Delete