Thursday, July 11, 2013

Drivethroughs

    This is all about going around and around in circles, so if I've already posted about it, well, that fits. I've noticed more and more in recent years that there aren't any drivethroughs anymore. There are just drive-around-and-arounds. You nearly always have to drive completely around the bank or fast-food place in question, sometimes twice.
    I would say that it's a mystery to me, but I think I can see it. My best guess is that planners and zoners stopped granting permission for drivethroughs that customers could actually drive through, I suppose with the idea of calming traffic. What I don't see is how making us drive around and around achieves this. So perhaps that's the mystery.
    Of course it's possible that all banks and all fast food establishments just decided at the same time that they want to make their customers' day just a little more difficult and annoying. Sometimes you certainly feel that way when you're inside either type of business. But one has to assume that if they had any choice about it, at least one rogue would give a try to making the customers' lives easier instead. Or maybe that's just crazy talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment