Monday, July 1, 2013

But Dr. Freud, what about the boring dreams?

    I've mentioned before that sometimes I have interestingly boring dreams, or rather, bewilderingly odd dreams in which next to nothing happens. Night before last I dreamed that I was in the usual cavernous building, this one large enough to hold a train station. This is to say that, while it was not a train station, a railroad ran through it and apparently the trains stopped there. What the building was, apparently, was some kind of trade school. Some kind of very, very limited trade school. They had two offerings but even in the dream I could only remember the second of them. This was training for very chatty people who wanted to become cab-drivers.
    There was an immense crowd clamoring to sign up. Lots of chatty people, I guess. I was at the front and held them all back. Only one person had been there before me, an older black fellow, so I let him go ahead of me while holding everybody else back with both arms. At first, we were at a wide counter but later it had transmogrified into a little booth manned by one guy who was ignoring us. While waiting, I noticed and read an invitation which also mentioned coursework in bank robbery. I couldn't help wondering what I was doing there since I had no interest in either driving cabs or robbing banks. The dream ended before I found out, so I guess I'll always wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment