Thursday, July 4, 2013

Hey baby

    One of my very favorite songs is "4th of July" by X (the refrain to which starts, "Hey baby/ it's the 4th of July" in case you were wondering about the subject line). Not surprisingly, it sticks ineradicably in my head this one day of the year, which isn't any problem. But I'm slightly puzzled by what I call the "one song over" problem. This isn't a problem either, since I like the other song, too, but it's a little odd that I'm just as likely to have "You" from the same band and the same album stuck in my head instead.
    Maybe not that odd; I never owned the LP or CD but only the tape. So to hear one, I had to hear the entire side. Google indicates that "You" is the song before "4th of July" on the record. Damn that Jeopardy! memory of mine.
    Hope everyone out there has a pleasant 4th of July holiday and weekend. Here in dialysis lane, nothing is any different, but that's a relief compared to having to do MWF for a change. Tuesday was a nightmare; for some reason everything was fouled up and we had to wait an hour for no good purpose. Today of course will be even more lightly staffed, so we aren't optimistic. But often as not, when things look worst at dialysis land they come out the best. Hoping that that's the case today.

No comments:

Post a Comment