Saturday, July 27, 2013

Old-time radio dreaming again

    Last night in my sleep I listened to Burns and Allen (or if you prefer, George and Gracie). While I didn't have nightmares, I had endless weird, vivid dreams. Nothing that I would have expected George and Gracie to produce!
    Eventually I wound up in a situation where my brother had found a very large house on a very small (one lane, in fact) brick street, something like Charleston south of Broad or Old City Philadelphia. The house had a cellar entrance opening out to the sidewalk like you see in New York and there were so many leaves falling I needed to sweep them off. So I was looking everywhere for my yellow broom and saw somebody up the street with one and thought he had taken mine. But then I noticed that mine was in my right hand.
    Years ago, I listened to all the Burns and Allen shows. If there was anything like this in there, I think I would have remembered. Something I ate, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment