Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Forgot how to cook

    Either that or my taste buds have gone to heck. Lately all my cooking tastes terrible or worse, doesn't have much taste at all. Of course, this may reflect eating in restaurants more often. Or it may reflect choosing new ingredients badly. Or I may be going too light on spices after the recent "too dang many cloves" incident. I'm particularly disturbed because I went to my go-to dish (that's redundant, isn't it?) turkey chili with quinoa and it came out super-bland. What appears likeliest is that my big problem comes from not cooking as often. Between my new love for lentil stew every day and eating out more frequently, I'm cooking so much less of the time that I'm forgetting how to do it. Maybe it's finally time to write down some recipes. Naaaaaw!
    My first try at gluten-free macaroons was a true fiasco, so I'm going to try again with more honey and hopefully an actual recipe. Fortunately, I know where to get the professionally-made ones if this one is a fiasco, too. If I ever get it right, I'll no doubt post the recipe here. I apparently have no problem writing recipes for desserts; it's just main dishes where I have a block. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment