Monday, February 3, 2014

Can't tell my allergy from my head cold

    I'm feeling a bit weatherish. For ages, my throat has been scratchy every morning, which I attribute to being allergic to the cat. However, the last couple of days, it hasn't improved as the day wore on, like it normally does. Everything is like allergies, though. Eyes hurt and burn, throat is scratchy, nose is runny. However, I took Benadryl last night, which usually helps with allergies. This time it didn't help much.
    Today, I went to get Theraflu, which usually helped when I was feeling fluey. To give an idea how seldom I get sick, I had no idea that Theraflu had been discontinued two years ago. The pharmacist at Publix recommended Alka Seltzer Cold, so that's what I bought. After I bought it, I found that it contains aspartame, which isn't exactly my favorite, and lots of sodium. So I took only a plop fizz instead of plop plop fizz fizz. I'm heading back to bed. Fortunately, the weather is much warmer, though much much more humid. I'll probably take another Benadryl tonight, and I'm going to vacuum the living heck out of the place tonight. Dang kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment